The moment your organization is hit by an incident, you need the ability to take key decisions quickly and get the situation under control.
Common mistakes organizations make:
- Taking the entire network offline
- Formatting computers that are visibly affected
- Communicating first impressions internally and externally
- Trusting already-deployed security products for data about the breach
- Failing to investigate an incident
Taking the right decisions will pave the way toward rapid and robust recovery.
Taking the wrong decisions will invariably lead to more work, more costs and, likely, a failed clean-up job.